Order code: PDSync-4-DT
Managed USB Type-C Power Delivery in a powerfully small package
Can charge the host computer as well as the downstream USB Type-C Power Delivery devices. Compatible with the latest Apple MacBook Type-C PD devices, iPad Pro, Chromebooks and many more.
Up to 60Watts available per port for MacBook & Chromebook charging as well as Type-C PD enabled phones, tablets and many more devices.
Full control over port power and state, along with the ability to monitor many aspects of the device operation via our Application Programming Interface or LiveViewer App.
Available as an OEM module which can be used to develop your own branded USB Type-C systems for device management. DXF and 3D STEP files available for download.
***Preliminary information / Awaiting UL Listing***
PDSync-4 brings Managed USB Type-C Power Delivery to multiple devices
- Mobile device management and charging using USB Type-C Power Delivery.
- Laptop charging carts, cases and systems.
- Apple MacBook or Chromebook charging stations.
- Retail displays for the latest USB devices.
- BYOD charging and provisioning systems.
- Compact charge and sync carts, cases and systems for devices which support USB Power Delivery.
- Mobile software testing / mobile software QA (SQA).
- USB Type-C PD Production test systems.
- Monitored and controlled laptop charging stations.
Benefits & Features:
- Works with Apple Configurator.
- 4x Downstream USB Type-C Power Delivery ports supporting 60W per port.
- Can charge 5 Apple MacBook’s, Chromebook’s or other USB Type-C PD chargeable products.
- Can charge the host computer whilst providing downstream power to devices.
- Supports all USB Power Delivery voltages from 5V to 24V.
- Supports all USB Power Delivery power levels: 15/27/45/60W.
- Intelligent power management software to ensure devices get the power they actually require.
- Backwards compatible with all USB standards.
- Access, charge and monitor 4x USB Type-C devices simultaneously.
- Connect and disconnect USB devices programatically from the host computer.
- High-current (up to 3 Amp @20V = 60W) universal charging for USB devices.
- Supports USB-PD, SDP, CDP, DCP, BC1.x, SE1, Apple, Samsung, ACA-x, YD/T-1591, RIM etc.
- Housed within a metal fire enclosure but also available as a module for OEMs.
- Application Programming Interface (API) for control and monitoring of ports. Available for Mac / Windows / Linux (x86/Arm).
- Live viewer App.
- 2 Year RTB warranty.
The PDSync-4 is a product designed for the latest USB Type-C Power Delivery specification. It allows the user to connect 4x power hungry USB devices to a single host computer.
USB Type-C Power Delivery (USB PD) devices can negotiate a voltage from 5V right up to 20V with a current of up to 3Amps from the charger or hub. The USB PD specification is designed such that a peripheral device (such as a USB hub) can provide power for the host computer and also the downstream devices. What this means is that if you have a USB PD compatible laptop, the PDSync-4 can charge the laptop as well as connect (and charge) a number of different peripherals to it. This saves cables and also provides another method of laptop charging.
Should you wish, you can use the PDSync-4 to replace 4x standard laptop or Chromebook chargers and create a compact, robust and controllable laptop charging station.
Internally, the PDSync-4 is microprocessor controlled which allows our unique API and Live Viewer to display useful information about each port and also allows the user to control those ports using either a GUI or programatically. The microprocessor handles the communication between the device and the PDSync-4 USB Type-C Power Delivery ports to ensure that device power negotiation is handled quickly and robustly.
The PDSync-4 is supplied with our latest firmware although updating the firmware is performed quickly and easily using our Firmware Updater App which is available as a free download. We offer new versions of firmware, from time to time, to add additional API features and additional charging profiles for obscure devices which may not necessarily adhere to documented standards.
All versions of the PowerSync support our application programming interface (API) which allows you to automate, monitor and control each port programatically using a variety of programming languages. With the API you can monitor current consumption of each individual port, total connection time, charging time, turn power on/off to individual ports, emulate different charging profiles, read USB VID/PID and much more.
The API consists of a service module or daemon that is loaded on the host computer. The service module is accessed via JSON-RPC calls over a TCP/IP socket. Cambrionix provides sample Python code complete with the necessary JSON library code to be able to make the necessary calls for controlling Cambrionix products that are connected to the host computer.
It is of course possible to access the API from any programming environment that has support for making JSON-RPC calls over a TCP/IP socket.
The API is available as a free download and is well documented and supported by Cambrionix engineers.
We also supply our Live Viewer App which allows you to monitor and control ports using a graphical user interface.
The PDSync-4 is available without an MOQ and volume discounts are available at 50+ units.
Distributor and reseller minimum order quantities apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Independently safety tested by the Underwriters Laboratory (UL) under file #E346549 (pending).
- CE Tested and marked.
- CB Certificate.
- FCC Part 15 Tested and marked.
- RoHS Compliant.
- China CCC certification (pending).
- Japanese PSE certification (pending).
- The PDSync-4 offers ESD protection, over-voltage protection, over-current protection and over-temperature protection and complies with the latest EN60950 safety requirements for ITE.
- Housed within a UL94-V0 specification fire enclosure.
- Operating ambient temperature: 0 to 35 Degrees Celsius.
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing.
- PSU AC Input: 100-240V / 3A Max / 47-63Hz.
- DC Input: 24V / 8.3A
- Variable DC Output as per USB Power Delivery Specification: 5.2 – 20V at up to 3A per USB port.
- Approx Unit Size (excl PSU): 130 x 100 x 35 (L x W x H)
- Approx Unit Weight (excl PSU): 350g (1.6kg boxed weight)
- Whats in the box: PowerSync / 200W 24V PSU / Country specific power cord (1m) / User Guide