EXPRESSSYNC-OEM IS A PCIE CARD + MODULE COMBINATION FOR OEMS
- Offer a 20Gbps data link between legacy systems/servers and your product.
ExpressSync-OEM is designed with non-Thunderbolt systems in mind.
- Free your PCIe Gen2 bus from the motherboard and make use of a 20Gbps data link in your next product.
This is the perfect alternative to USB2.0 or USB3.0 in systems which cannot offer Thunderbolt.
- Accelerate your new product development with an off the shelf solution from Cambrionix.
ExpressSync-OEM uses non-proprietary cabling in a proprietary way
- Compatible with Appium and Selenium for Super-Speed, multiple real mobile-device application testing.
- High-speed data transfer to custom products which do not (or cannot) support Thunderbolt.
- Off-motherboard graphics or other PCIe cards.
- Desktop PCIe Gen2 racks.
- PCIe Gen2 extender cards or racks.
- Datacentre products.
- High speed data transfer products.
- Cryptocurrency mining products.
BENEFITS & FEATURES:
- Add Thunderbolt2 data transfer speed (20Gbps) to legacy systems/servers which cannot support native Thunderbolt.
- Pre-designed Card+Module for easy integration into your design/system.
- Uses a commonly available high-speed module connector.
- Proven, robust architecture.
- Uses standard Thunderbolt 3 Type-C cables (passive 20Gbps up to 2m).
- Support for Active Thunderbolt 3 Type-C optical cables once released (potentially up to 60m+).
ExpressSync-OEM bridges the gap between your product and a system/server motherboard whilst maintaining a 20Gbps link direct to that motherboard over low cost cabling. The cabling between the PCIe card and the PCB module is standard Thunderbolt 3 Type-C cables (20Gbps) available in various lengths from many companies such as StarTech, Apple and Lindy. ExpressSync-OEM offers Thunderbolt2 speeds (20Gbps) without the need for a Thunderbolt2 PCIe card. This is an advantage in legacy systems/servers which do not support Thunderbolt2 or do not have the TBT header required to accept a Thunderbolt PCIe card.
The ExpressSync-OEM is designed for OEMs to design-into their own products/systems with minimal additional design and development time/cost. ExpressSync-OEM consists of 2 parts, the PCIe card and the PCB module (both available separately on request).
The PCIe Card:
This is a 4 Lane PCIe Gen2 card designed by Cambrionix which is 1 slot wide. Power consumption is minimal. The 4 PCIe Gen2 lanes (5Gbps each) are split over the high-speed 20Gbps transmission line pairs within the standard Thunderbolt 3 Type-C cables. This ensures that data integrity is maintained between PCIe card and the PCB module.
The PCB module:
This is the part which is ‘designed-into’ your own in-house design. You will need space on your PCB for a card which is approximately 60mm x 40mm. This card connects to your own circuit via a Mini-PCI card connector. Once connected and powered-up as per our design guidelines, you will have access to all 4 Lanes of Gen2 PCIe at 5Gbps each. To the motherboard, the card and module are effectively ‘transparent’ and are simply bridging the electrical gap or physical distance, between the motherboard and your high-speed data product.
- ExpressSync-OEM complies with the latest EN60950 safety requirements for ITE.
- Operating ambient temperature: 0 to 35 Degrees Celsius.
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing.
- DC Input: 12V / 2A
- Approx Unit Size (PCIe card): Standard 1 slot PCIe card.
- Approx Unit Size (Module): 60 x 40 x 10 (L x W x H)
- Approx Unit Weight: 100g (200g boxed weight)
- Supplied as: PCIe Gen 2 Card / OEM Companion Module.