POWERPAD15S INDUSTRIAL MANAGED HUB
Control, monitor and charge 15 USB devices
- Control power and port function for each of the 15 ports individually either via our API or LiveViewer App
- Charge connected devices at up to 10 Watts per port for over 150W total power
- Application Programming Interface for scripted control of all aspects of the PowerPad15S including individual port power
INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH USB DEVICE MANAGEMENT AND CHARGING WITH THE POWERPAD15S
- Mobile device management and charging over USB.
- Retail displays.
- BYOD charging and provisioning systems.
- Compact charge and sync carts, cases and systems.
- Mobile software testing / mobile software QA (SQA).
- Production test systems.
- En-mass device charging and communication.
- Tablet based POS terminal systems.
BENEFITS & FEATURES:
- Compact, reliable and safe unit.
- 15x Downstream USB2.0 ports for charging and data (also available in an 8x port variant, the PowerPad8S).
- Access, charge and monitor 15x USB devices simultaneously.
- Connect and disconnect USB devices programatically from the host computer.
- High-current (2.1Amp / 10W) universal charging for USB devices.
- Supports SDP, CDP, DCP, BC1.x, SE1, Apple, Samsung, ACA-x, YD/T-1591, RIM etc.
- Housed within a UL94-V0 specification fire enclosure.
- Application Programming Interface (API) for control and monitoring of ports. Available for Mac / Windows / Linux (x86/Arm).
- Live viewer App.
- Can be mounted to a surface using the built-in flanges.
- 2 Year RTB warranty.
The PowerPad15S is a compact unit designed to allow a user to connect and charge 15x USB devices with a single host computer. The PowerPad15S should not be confused with a standard USB hub, the PowerPad15S is over-engineered to provide both high current charging for 15x USB devices as well as robust data transfer to the host.
The PowerPad15S is in 24/7 operation in thousands of locations worldwide enabling USB device management systems, software and production test rigs, and retail displays to operate reliably and safely for many years.
Internally, the PowerPad15S is microcontroller controlled which allows our unique API and Live Viewer app to display information about each port and also allows the user to control those ports.
The PowerPad15 is supplied with our latest firmware although updating the firmware is performed quickly and easily using our Firmware Updater App which is available as a free download. We offer new versions of firmware, from time to time, to add additional API features and additional charging profiles for obscure devices which may not necessarily adhere to documented standards.
All versions of the PowerPad15S support our application programming interface (API) which allows you to automate, monitor and control each port programatically using a variety of programming languages. With the API you can monitor current consumption of each individual port, total connection time, charging time, turn power on/off to individual ports, emulate different charging profiles, read USB VID/PID and much more.
The API consists of a service module or daemon that is loaded on the host computer. The service module is accessed via JSON-RPC calls over a TCP/IP socket. Cambrionix provides sample Python code complete with the necessary JSON library code to be able to make the necessary calls for controlling Cambrionix products that are connected to the host computer.
It is of course possible to access the API from any programming environment that has support for making JSON-RPC calls over a TCP/IP socket.
The API is available as a free download and is well documented and supported by Cambrionix engineers.
We also supply our Live Viewer App which allows you to monitor and control ports using a graphical user interface.