THE U16S BENEFITS FROM DESIGN-IN SUPPORT, API, INTELLIGENT UNIVERSAL CHARGING AND FULL CONTROL/MONITORING OF USB PORTS.
- Add intelligence to your USB device management systems with the U16S, an off the shelf module to accelerate your time to market with world-class features and design-in support. Also available in a charging-only variant
- The U16S has added USB device management and charging features to tens of thousands of OEM products worldwide including tablet management devices for military, healthcare and software industries
- The U16S module is UL Recognised for safety and all EMC pre-scans have been completed for CE/FCC, meaning you save significant time and money during your product certification/compliance phase
- OEM charge and sync carts, cases and systems designers.
- Systems integrators.
- Mobile device management and charging.
- BYOD charging and provisioning systems.
- Mobile software testing / mobile software QA (SQA).
- Production and reverse-logistics test rigs.
- En-mass device charging and communication.
- Mobile device docks for healthcare and retail applications.
BENEFITS & FEATURES:
- Works with Apple Configurator.
- Get to market fast with a certified, reliable, proven, charge and data component.
- Application Programming Interface (API), for control and monitoring of ports, available for Mac / Windows / Linux (x86/Arm).
- The U16S has had EMC pre-scans and is also a UL Recognised component (file #E346549).
- 16x Downstream USB2.0 ports for charging and data (also available in an 8x port variant, the U8S).
- 2x Expansion ports to add further U16S components.
- Access, charge and monitor 16x USB devices simultaneously.
- Compatible with Apple Configurator/iTunes plus most MDM software and Mobile Heartbeat.
- High-current (2.1Amp / 10W) universal charging for all USB devices.
- Supports SDP, CDP, DCP, BC1.x, SE1, Apple, Samsung, ACA-x, YD/T-1591, RIM etc.
- Live viewer App for port monitoring and control via a GUI.
- 3D .STEP Files available on request.
- 1 Year RTB warranty.
The U16S is a pre-designed module to allow a user to connect and charge 16x USB devices with a single host computer. It is a module which is ready to drop into your design to offer functionality which adds real value to your product.
The U16S should not be confused with a standard USB hub, the U16S is, like all Cambrionix products, over-engineered to provide both high current charging for 16x USB devices as well as robust data transfer to the host and a control interface accessible via our API or Live Viewer App.
In addition to being able to use an off the shelf module for your universal charging and data requirements, we offer a number of reference designs for front panel displays using both LED and LCD. These displays can be used to provide user feedback on port status, animated charging icons or arbitrary text which can be sent to the displays via our API.
These reference designs are provided free of charge and we offer design-in support.
Reliability was the number one priority when designing the U16S and as a result we are yet to receive a statistically significant number of returned units. The U16S powers over 500,000 (over half a million!) USB ports across the world for OEMs on each continent.
Our reliability means that once the U16S is built into its target system, for example a charge and sync cart, you are incredibly unlikely to experience a customer returned unit due to a U16S fault.
Internally, the U16S is microcontroller controlled which allows our unique API and Live Viewer app to display information about each port and also allows the user to control those ports. We have partnered with a number of component suppliers and have deep knowledge of every component used within the U16S design.
The U16S is supplied with our latest firmware although updating the firmware is performed quickly and easily using our Firmware Updater App which is available as a free download. We offer new versions of firmware, from time to time, to add additional API features and additional charging profiles for obscure devices which may not necessarily adhere to documented standards.
All versions of the U16S support our application programming interface (API) which allows you to automate, monitor and control each port programatically using a variety of programming languages. With the API you can monitor current consumption of each individual port, total connection time, charging time, turn power on/off to individual ports, emulate different charging profiles, read USB VID/PID and much more.
- The U16S is a module designed to be installed into a final product. The final product will need to be tested to ensure that EMC and safety requirements are met for your target market.
- The U16S is a UL Recognised component/module/subsystem (file #E346549).
- EMC/FCC pre-scans completed and passed with minimum 10dB headroom for Class-A industrial applications.
- All components RoHS Compliant.
- The U16S OEM module is designed with ESD port-protection, over-voltage protection, over-current protection and over-temperature protection and complies with the latest EN60950 safety requirements for ITE.
- Operating ambient temperature: 0 to 40 Degrees Celsius.
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing.
- DC Input: 5.2V / 35A max.
- DC Output: 5.2V / 2.1A per USB port.
- Approx PCB Size: 170 x 90 x 15 (L x W x H) mm
- Approx PCB Weight: 130g (200g boxed weight)
- Supplied as: U16S component within static shielded bag and placed within a foam lined cardboard box.