OUR INDUSTRY STANDARD U8S PRODUCT RE-HOUSED WITHIN A RUGGED 1U 19″ RACK ENCLOSURE
- Mobile software testing / mobile software QA (SQA) systems.
- Mobile device application testing rigs.
- API controlled production test rigs.
- Automated test rigs.
- Mobile device lab equipment.
- Mobile device management and charging.
- Data Centres.
- Mobile device programming stations.
BENEFITS & FEATURES:
- Works with Apple Configurator.
- Rugged 1U 19″ Rack Mountable enclosure.
- Internal electronics based heavily on our U8S design with identical API operation.
- Individual power control/cycling/monitoring for each port individually.
- Application Programming Interface (API), for control and monitoring of ports, available for Mac / Windows / Linux (x86/Arm).
- The U8S-RM uses our U8S which is a UL Recognised module under UL file #E346549.
- 8x Downstream 480Mbps USB2.0 ports for charging and data.
- Access, charge and monitor 8x USB devices simultaneously.
- Expansion port to allow daisy-chaining of additional U8S-RM products.
- Compatible with Apple Configurator/iTunes plus most MDM software and Mobile Heartbeat.
- High-current (2.1Amp / 10W) universal charging for all USB devices.
- Supports SDP, CDP, DCP, BC1.x, SE1, Apple, Samsung, ACA-x, YD/T-1591, RIM etc.
- Emulate charger connect and disconnect cycles.
- Emulate USB data connect and disconnect cycles.
- Live viewer App for port monitoring and control via a GUI.
- Internal 100W industrial PSU with worldwide input range.
- 2 Year RTB warranty.
The U8S-RM Rack Mounted Managed USB Hub allows a user to connect and charge 8x USB devices with a single host. It is a 1U Height, 19″ Wide rack mountable unit designed primarily for data/test centre applications where high reliability and functionality is required.
The U8S-RM should not be confused with a standard USB Rack Mounted hub, the U8S-RM is, like all Cambrionix products, very over-engineered to provide both high current charging for 8x power-hungry USB devices as well as robust data transfer to the host and a control interface accessible via our API (application programming interface) or Live Viewer App. Our API allows you to integrate full control and monitoring of the U8S-RM USB ports into your existing test scripts.
Reliability was the number one priority when designing the U8S-RM and as a result, we are yet to receive any returned units. The U8S-RM is in use within many rack mounted USB test systems worldwide and is trusted to operate 24/7 within test/data centres without downtime. This is the reason why Cambrionix is the number one choice for software (SQA) and hardware test companies.
Our reliability means that once the U8S-RM is built into its target system (such as a software or hardware testing rack) you are highly unlikely to have to revisit the device for service/repair.
Internally, the U8S-RM Rackmount USB Hub has a microcontroller at its heart which allows our unique API and Live Viewer app to display information about each port and also allows the user to control those ports in a variety of ways. We have partnered with a number of component suppliers during the development of the U8S-RM and have deep knowledge of every component used within the U8S-RM design.
The U8S-RM Rackmount USB Hub is supplied with the latest Cambrionix firmware although updating the firmware is performed quickly and easily using the Firmware Updater App which is available as a free download. We can offer new versions of firmware to add additional API features and additional charging profiles for obscure devices which may not necessarily adhere to documented standards (or not be on the market yet).
The U8S-RM supports our API which allows you to automate, monitor and control each port programatically using a variety of programming languages. With the API you can monitor current consumption of each individual port, total connection time, charging time, turn power on/off to individual ports, emulate different charging profiles, read USB VID/PID and much more.